Way back in 2010, Amazon has made a great twist in the world of e-readers by making the third version of Kindle. After that the makers of Nook has also streamlined and modified their Nook in order to make them strong enough to stand against Kindle. After these modifications, the kindle vs nook fight becomes more interesting as then they are going to do everything in order to attract people towards themselves. Below is the comparison of these two eBook readers so that you can easily select any one of them.
- Touch Screen vs push Button: Nook has 1-inch navigation menu and a system of push button that helps in things like page turning. While Kindle has always rely on the navigation buttons to perform all functions.
- Wi-Fi, 3G and International: In kindle vs nook, Nook provides free capabilities of Wi-Fi at any “Barnes and Noble AT & T hotspot”. Its 3G only works in US. Whereas Kindle connects for free to any kind of Wi-Fi hotspots. The Kindle functions wirelessly in more than 100 countries all over the world.
- Shiny Finish: This might be a small thing for you but when you search for the eBooks, you will find number of people complaining about the shiny finish of Nook. Its shiny surface is very bothersome in reflection point of view while the surface of Kindle is less shiny than Nook that makes it more demanding than Nook.
- Altering Fonts: The Kindle has 8 font sizes features while Nook has only 6. Kindle offers the capability to alter the space as well as the quantity of words in a line. Normally, this feature is very useful and best for the speed readers and if you are also one of them, then you can avail it efficiently.
- Page Numbering: In kindle vs nook, you will find the concept of page numbering. The Nook offers numbering of pages depending upon the size of your font. The Kindle has remarkably different feature, it has percentage and timeline calculator that displays percentage of your used eBook.
- Weight: When you talk about their weights, you will come to know that Kindle has only ten ounces weight while Nook has 12 ounces mass. It means that Kindle is easy to handle and use.
- Design: Both Nook and Kindle has smooth designs almost similar to each other in shapes and sizes. Their screens are made of e-ink offering anti glare reading especially in strong light. Both the screens have similar size i.e. 6 inches.
- Reliance: Kindle has been released long time ago due to which many modifications have been made in it and after that Kindle 2 has been introduced. Barnes and Noble are also working hard to make their Nook free of bugs and problems because Kinks that has been reported by customers critics their device very much.
Hence in kindle vs nook, you first have to decide which type of device you want to buy as if you want to purchase dependable and stable device then Kindle is best. However, if you want more books then Nook is also preferable.